Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Dashing to Ottawa

I recently had the opportunity to fly to Ottawa for some meetings, rather than make the long drive in winter weather. Windsor Airport is closest, but required a layover in Toronto, making the direct flight from London Airport much preferable.

Given the early start, John and Julie generously offered me a warm bed much closer to my morning departure.....not to mention a handy new Tim Horton's right on the way!

I was at the airport by 6am, after plowing my way into a parking spot. The lanes were well plowed, but clearly the spots themselves are never empty long enough to clean them out.

By 730am, I was aloft in a Dash 8 turboprop with about 30 other people, cruising eastward at 10,000 feet. Arriving in Ottawa less than an hour and a half later, a co-worker was waiting to whisk me away to a day of meetings.

By late afternoon, I was back at Ottawa Airport and waiting for my flight home, departing at 540pm. By 7:30pm I was on the ground back in London, and setting off for a two-hour drive home. Thankfully the roads were bare and dry, and the final leg was uneventful!

My chariot awaits at London International Airport

Turning east just north of London

"Props" for the sunshine....above the clouds!

Welcome to YOW, airport to the Nation's Capital

Awaiting the flight home from Ottawa Airport

No comments: