Friday, June 22, 2018

Out in The Boonies

We made our first visit of the season to The Boonies drive-in, on a cool Thursday night. They were offering a great Marvel double feature, with Avengers Infinity War followed by Black Panther. As usual, we also made it a dinner date to support the establishment, who BBQ up food to order, and enjoyed a good chat with the owners in the process.

Alas, we had to bail after the first movie as it was already after midnight by the time Avengers finished, and I had work the next morning!

Still, it was a great outing at this local family-run operation, one we plan to replicate several more times over the summer and fall. Support your local drive-in!

I also took advantage of a nice day with little wind to cut the power to the outbuildings, and get some maintenance out of the way. After climbing the big ladder and hammering down some loose tin over my head on the garage roof, very near to the power lines, I moved the (now very heavy) ladder over to the giant willow and trimmed some branches dangling onto the wires. Let's just say my arms were pretty dead by the time I was done!

All set up at The Boonies!

Pre-show music videos

Finally dusk

I feel Strange, Doctor

Avengers Ho!

Where there's a will, there's a willow.....

Branching out from my current career

No comments: