Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dusk til Dawn

The August long weekend visit to Midland/Orillia gave us the opportunity to re-visit a lost love - the Barrie Triple Drive In Theater. As many wonderful features as southwestern Ontario has to offer....there is a dreadful lack of drive in facilities within striking distance.

We have even talked about inventing our own on the side of the barn. Maybe next year.

For now....the drive in itch has been scratched, at least temporarily.


Waiting for dusk

Previews against the night sky on Screen 1

Darkness descends....bringing popcorn and entertainment

6 comments:

Simone Maroney said...

The drive-in itch is called skeeters.

The side of the barn idea rocks though - are you gonna charge admission?

Simone Maroney said...

Jane - how is the book "The Girl Who Played with Fire"? I picked it up in French but never read it beyond a couple of words. Should I give it another try?

Dolphynsecho said...

It's about the same as the first book....

Simone Maroney said...

I didn't read the first book either. Should I?

Dolphynsecho said...

She rather like the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Of course, we were on holidays camping on the east coast, so she was reading more than normal...

Simone Maroney said...

Okay, thanks. I just realized it was a series and that the Dragon Tattoo was the first book. Then because I like to read as much in French as I can, I had to find the title of the French version (it's a translation in either French or English so I might as well read in French since it's not in the original language). You'd think that the title would begin with "La fille qui...", wouldn't ya? But noooooo. The title is "Men who hate women." Why not misogynists? I guess that's not as good a sell as The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo... lol
I'll give it another try. Maybe the first book will capture my attention better.
btw, let her know if she hasn't read it yet that "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett is a superior book and a must read. Even if the subject matter (Mississippi in the 1960's) doesn't appear intriguing. It's a great book.