Sunday, May 11, 2014

A lot at Steak

A recent trip to Niagara Falls resulted in a visit to the local Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Normally well out of our price range, our mid-week hotel stay included a 2-for-1 coupon, so we took advantage. We didn't get a booth with curtains like some people did, but still got a very nice table. They were kind enough to leave the coupon on the table the entire time (see pink ticket in pics) as if to draw attention to the cheap class-less bastards that don't belong there.....

Fabulous decor and ambience, obviously. Food was incredible too, though not sure it's that much MORE incredible than say The Keg or other comparable places that cost significantly less money. They do bring your steak on a very hot plate sizzzling, i.e. your steak is still "cooking" at your table.

Rest assured I asked for ketchup for my $70 steak, just to be...well....myself. Our server, to her credit, covered well and was going to bring it to me until I suggesting I was kidding.

Oh yeah, then we walked off our meat sweats with a jaunt to The Falls.




2 comments:

denials said...

Nice move with the ketchup!

Mike V said...

What a great date night! LOLOL to the ketchup remark, Mike :) When I get home on a real computer I will check out the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I have total OCD when reading any post and people mention a restaurant...gotta check out the menu! :)