Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Baseball Fever

In the heart of the Grapefruit League, I also took time out to catch a spring training ballgame. Unable to coordinate a Blue Jays game, I "settled" for the Yankees and Tigers at Detroit's complex in Lakeland, Florida.

Arriving quite early, I bought a cheap seat....which was not a seat at all but space on the hilly lawn past the outfield wall. This way I could TRY to move around and hide in the shade as much as possible. It also meant that I got to watch the Yankees take batting practice on the main field in front of me, while the Tigers took theirs on a practice field behind me.

I spent the game hiding in the shadow provided by a pillar, slowly moving around it as the sun moved throughout the afternoon. I'm surprised security never appeared to question the creepy lurker in the outfield, leering out from the shadows.....but I digress.

The Tigers won a barn-burner by a score of 10-6, owing in part to strong winds blowing out to center field. The breeze kept things quite pleasant.....but I still got too much sun!

Bring on the regular season.....GO JAYS!!!

Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland

Old Glory blowing straight out to center field

The Tigers warming up

The Yankees getting game ready

Ballpark fare!

Game on!

Play ball!

1 comment:

Mike said...

You went to a Yankees game. I hate you :)